2019年4月15-16日 | 美國馬薩諸塞州波士頓，Seaport World Trade Center
Bio-IT World is proud to bring together innovative data scientists and developers from across the industry to solve real-world data challenges using the principles of FAIR: Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reusable Data.
For the past two years, the Bio-IT World FAIR Data Hackathon has delivered a new level of collaboration to the annual Bio-IT World Conference & Expo in Boston. Facilitated in partnership with FAIR Data pioneers from the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), Dutch Techcentre for Life Sciences, and Ontoforce, the 2017 and 2018 Hackathons have resulted in numerous notable FAIR Data Projects. Learn more about them here:
- NCBI Insights | NCBI Facilitates Hackathon at 2017
- Bio-IT World | FAIR Hacking: Bio-IT World Hosts Its First Hackathon
- Finding the Usable in FAIR Data at #BioIT18
The third annual Bio-IT FAIR Data Hackathon will continue in the tradition of uniting life science and IT teams to tackle actual genomic datasets with maximum impact potential. The hackathon will have an initial focus on evaluating the FAIRness of a range of different data sets. The second stage will involve teams, each working with a different data set, developing approaches to improve the FAIRness of that dataset through the use of unique identifiers, linking to additional data sets, collection of appropriate metadata, and other techniques that can be applied.
The two-day intensive hackathon precedes a full conference track dedicated to the effort: FAIR Data. Together, the conference and hackathon promise to deliver impactful projects, and significant insight into the exploding field of FAIR data in research. Consider extending your time at Bio-IT World to join this focused group of FAIR Data experts!
What is FAIR Data?
The volume of data continues to rise exponentially, but the capacity for fully employing this data is being hampered by a series of limitations. FAIR is a very powerful initiative that has taken root in Europe. The initiative has the potential to significantly increase the value of life science data sets. While the concept shares some commonality with the semantic web, FAIR Data goes further to expand opportunities for knowledge-sharing and value. Here are three foundation papers on this exploding field:
- The FAIR Guiding Principles for Scientific Data Management and Stewardship
- The Healthcare and Life Sciences Community Profile for Dataset Descriptions
- Publishing FAIR Data: An Exemplar Methodology Utilizing PHI-Base
- Team and project assignments will be communicated via email closer to the event start date
- Stay up-to-date on the Bio-IT World FAIR Data Hackathon 2019 schedule and project outcomes at #BioIT19
- Complimentary access to the Bio-IT World Exhibit Hall and Plenary Keynote Session is provided to all hackathon participants. Extend your time onsite and take part in the collaboration and knowledge-sharing!
- Consider joining FAIR data leaders for Bio-IT World's FAIR Data conference track.